When you have a same-day or inpatient surgery at Perkins County Health Services, you have the advantage of being cared for by experienced, specially trained surgical staff, and the convenience of recovering close to your home and loved ones.
Our surgical team is composed of experienced surgeons, including specialists from different areas, Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists (CRNA), Registered Nurses, and Surgical Technicians. Additionally, Family Practice Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, and other Surgical Assistants are utilized if needed. They are focused on providing a safe, comfortable surgical experience, leading to a swift recovery.
Our surgical specialists perform a number of procedures, including, but not limited to:
I'm scared about Anesthesia - It is very natural to be nervous about anesthesia and surgery. Maybe it is even your first surgery or your first C-section, but it isn't ours, so rely on us to take good care of you. We will strive to make this your best experience. The Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist will be with you the entire time during surgery monitoring your every heartbeat, every breath, and every step; we will be watching and adjusting your anesthesia to your individual needs. Our main goal is to ensure your safety and comfort. For your peace of mind, our CRNA's follow the established guidelines published by the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists (AANA), the American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA), and the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Ophthalmologic surgery - procedures involving the eye such as cataract removal.
- Orthopedic surgery - procedures involving bones and joints such as knee arthroscopy, carpal tunnel release.
- Ear, Nose, & Throat surgery - procedures including ear tube placement, tonsillectomy, adenoidectomy, sinus surgery, and septoplasty.
- Gynecological surgery - procedures including hysterectomy abdominal, dilatation and curettage.
- General surgery - procedures including bowel and abdominal surgery, laparoscopic and open cholecystectomy, appendectomy, cystectomy, lipoma and mass removal, hernia repair, and hemorrhoidectomy.
- Urological procedures - such as bladder tumor removal, transurethral resection of the prostate, and cystoscopy.
- Gastroenterology procedures - such as EGD and colonoscopy.
- Obstetrical surgery - procedures such as scheduled and emergent Cesarean-sections and tubal ligation.